Writing a CV may seem daunting, especially if you are doing it for the first time but it’s actually fairly simple. We’re also making it simpler by giving you a check list of CV essentials plus a downloadable template to help you create your CV. Remember it’s important to tailor your CV to the job you’re applying for so use our template as a guide to get started then develop it from there.
Check list of CV Essentials:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Contact Phone Number
- Social Media – Potential employers will look you up on social media so providing them with your relevant social media links such as Twitter or LinkedIn will make this easier for them. However, before doing so make sure your social media accounts are clean and professional.
This is a short paragraph about who you are, what you can offer the company and what your career goals are.
Here you should include all your relevant work experience starting with the most recent. Include:
- Job title
- The name of the organisation
- How long you’ve worked there
- Your key responsibilities
Your Educational experience and achievements should all go here. Make sure to include:
- Type of Qualification (GCSE, Diploma, A Level, Degree)
- Date awarded
This is where you should put any achievements from previous work experience such as winning an award
Hobbies and interests
You don’t always need to list these however we’d recommend adding any relevant ones that could back up your skills and help you stand out. It’s also good to include any volunteer experiences and any extra information such as certifications and languages here.